March 28th, 2022
TITLE: Senior Manager, Investor Relations & Communications
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Business Development
This is a unique opportunity for an empathetic, dynamic, investor-facing professional to join a leading woman and minority-owned investment company and grow their network and visibility within the sustainable investment industry.
EFM is seeking to hire an individual to manage its Investor Relations team and to lead our firm’s outward facing communications and engagement in the impact investing sector. This individual will manage all Investor facing communications, develop online and in-person engagement strategies, be responsible for building long-lasting relationships, and provide best-in-class service to our valued investment community. They will support capital raising efforts by cultivating prospects, making the investment pitch, managing the firm’s pipeline of investors, and supporting due diligence efforts. Finally, they will be the voice and advocate for EFM both online, via media channels and at in-person industry events and conferences.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Investor Relations & Engagement
- You will be the main point of contact for EFM’s investor base of over 100+ impact investors and be responsible for maintaining a high level of investor engagement and responsiveness.
- Manage the investor servicing team and coordinate with finance team to ensure all investor queries, quarterly/annual reporting, tax statements, impact metrics, and DDQs are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for all Investor facing communications including newsletters, investor presentations, conference materials & presentations as well as investment brochures, while maintaining compliance with all SEC and State securities laws.
- Responsible for educating investors on impact investments in forestry and natural climate solutions, updating investors on the status of the Funds, and crafting clear and effective investor facing communications.
- Develop new avenues and opportunities for investor engagement both offline and online, including planning and delivery of forest tours, events, dinners, and investor calls.
Capital Raising Support
- Coordinate outreach, due diligence, and development of prospective investor pipeline.
- Cultivate prospective investors and educate them about forestland investing via thoughtful engagement via presentations, meetings, tours, and background information.
- Lead due diligence meetings, manage data rooms and coordinate with internal team members to deliver on investor requests for information.
Communications & Industry Field Building
- Engage with our investors and partners via thoughtful written articles, insights, white papers and earned media both online and via media channels.
- Elevate EFM’s visibility at industry events, conferences, working groups, online forums, and in thought leadership publications.
- Develop long-term relationships and collaborate on new initiatives with key partners that produce events, conferences, and with investor networks in the impact investment industry.
- Develop relationship with bloggers, journalists, and media that cover alternative investments, forestland, and impact investing.
- Responsible for maintaining certifications including B Corp/UN PRI and for seeking out new relevant certifications and memberships.
- Manage press releases, engagement with media, PR firms, and communications consultants.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Natural Resources or similar. MBA, or MS in Environmental Studies preferred, but not required.
- 5-8 years of experience in the financial services or sustainability sector, with demonstrated career growth. Experience in asset management, management consulting, capital markets, banking, private wealth management, and/or impact/sustainable investing preferred.
- Experience in investor relations, and/or client servicing or business development, with proven ability to communicate and meet the needs of a wide range of investors.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, with ability to produce high-quality written and presentation materials catered to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Ability to walk the talk, demonstrated understanding of natural climate solutions, preferably forestland or real-assets and exposure to conservation finance.
- Track record of building collaborations across industry sector and multiple firms.
- Must demonstrate maturity, insight, and confidence in communicating with investors.
- Strong and efficient research capabilities, with ability to prioritize and analyze information that is both quantitative and qualitative in nature.
- Detail-oriented with excellent writing, communication and presentation, and public speaking skills.
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Clear passion for using capital markets to scale solutions to global and domestic economic, environmental, and social challenges.
- A willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Full‐time 40 hours per week with flexible scheduling
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match on contributions
- Dog-friendly workplace, supportive of a hybrid work-from-home preference
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Position based in Portland, OR; can be partly or fully remote for the right candidate
Candidates should submit the following to email@example.com. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
- Short cover letter describing your interest in the position and corresponding experience
- Resume or CV
EFM is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, or religion. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are encouraged to apply.
EFM is a real asset investment manager that invests in natural climate solutions in the Americas. Our investments in forests, farms, and ecosystems use climate-smart management approaches to create carbon sinks, protect biodiversity, improve water quality, and support rural livelihoods.
EFM stewards 120,000+ acres across the western U.S. and has ~$215M in private capital (under management and advisement). Since 2004, we have been pioneering impact investment strategies that use blended capital and conservation finance to create long-term financial value and enduring social and environmental impact.