March 1st, 2021
REPORTS TO: Controller
About the job
Ecotrust Forest Management (EFM), the Manager of Chimacum Ridge, LLC has an opening for an Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, this position will assist with contract administration, accounting, financial and performance reporting, budgeting, forecasting, tax and audit processes for corporate and investment entities managed by EFM.
Status: Hourly / 30 – 40 hours per week
Rate: $20 – $25 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily accounting functions, including processing of payables and receivables.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reporting packages.
- Assist in coordinating annual budget process and intra-period re-forecasting with asset management teams.
- Help to manage job costing process for new development and capital projects at existing properties.
- Understand contract agreements to help ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Participate in maintaining Investor capital accounts and allocation calculations.
- Work with senior team to manage audit and tax service providers and process.
- Take part in recommending, implementing, and maintaining policies and internal controls.
- Assist with execution of contracts and document management.
- Additional duties and special projects may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Well-organized self-starter able to handle multiple priorities and projects at once.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Well-developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable reading and understanding legal documents such as loan and joint venture agreements.
- Experience using (or ability to learn) general ledger and forecasting software packages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other common software.
- Greater Portland, OR
- We are open to considering a remote hire.
PREFERENCE FOR LOW INCOME PERSONS
The Company has received New Market Tax Credit financing. This is a federal program designed to stimulate investment in economically distressed communities. Pursuant to the federal requirements for the New Market Tax Credit for qualified community development entities, strong preference is given to “low-income persons” as defined by applicable laws. Successful applicants will be required to provide requested necessary information to establish low-income status. Qualification of low-income status is defined as individuals with family income which is 80% or less of the family median income for the state of Oregon.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references. Application materials will be reviewed as received and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.